Friday, July 26, 2013

Flash 55 - ground zero

~ click to make image biggerer ~

& : I spoke to Abbey earlier today.
# : Oh? Did she stop by?
& : No. I called her. I wanted to see if we could make other arrangements.
# : You don’t trust me!
& : You lied.
# : How could you check up on me? I am so embarrassed. I am never speaking to you again!
[See where it all went wrong?]


I planned and executed a going-away/wedding for 60 for my daughter, then immediately following, I helped her and her husband pack up all of their belongings and drove them 20 hours to FL, move into their new place, get settled, then the next day bring the truck and trailer 20 hours back to NJ with my daughter, followed by cooking and packing for my 82 year old father's family reunion in the mountains of PA. Yesterday, I sent my daughter back to her husband in FL along with my grandson. I haven't really been home in about 2 weeks. 
And then there's the broken hearts we are all suffering from due to a family estrangement. Please hope it is resolved before my parents, who are in their 80's, die from the grief.



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful red flower on the green background.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your family estrangement. My brother and I were very close as kids and have become distant in adulthood. It's heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only flower that has blossomed so far out of a bag full of seeds.

      Heartbreaking is definitely the word for it.

      Delete
  2. I feel like such a DOLT pestering you about your whereabouts Vanessa, my arse has a place reserved for your boot!
    Loved your pic
    Family Feuds are so traumatic, I'm sorry for your drama.
    Thanks for playing, welcome back, words can't express how much I appreciate you...Have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are being way too hard on yourself. I may not deserve it this time. We'll just save it for the next time when it will surely be justified.

      Delete
  3. The relationships between humans are a constantly shifting kaleidoscope--one I'm not good at focusing, myself. Hope all turns out well for your family--and what an amazing amount of sheer work all that organizing and traveling must have been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very good at interpersonal relationships either but others better suited are stumped, too.

      Delete
  4. Isn't it great when the one who is untrustworthy gets pissed because you doubted enough to investigate in the first place? Some people are just so self-absorbed there's simply nothing you can do but stay away and let them come to you, and they eventually will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The people we hold closest are the ones most capable of causing us pain. But the alternative - having no one close - is far worse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had many twists and turns in my family- My hubby's accepts me
    far better. Hope it all sorts out- although some things never untangle...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the pain and heartache (and sometimes the great joy) of families. Hope things get resolved. It's scary how time marches on and old resentments continue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've bee carring a load in more ways than one. I hope things resolve soon in a positive way. Meanwhile, do all you can to take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, you lied...sorry that probably does not help...ha..i do hope that the estranged family works it out...that is rough...wow you have been all over th eplace eh? thanks for popping in earlier...i was traveling all evening myself...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is really sad how miscommunications can take precedence in relationships. Not until 'me' is replaced with 'we' can things be resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had a similar family situation, and it's tough. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete