Friday, August 24, 2012

Flash 55 - Tease

Stephen Foster Lake at Mt. Pisgah State Park, Pennsylvania
July 29, 2012
~ click to make biggerer ~
 
Excerpt from the opening scene of Married to Death:

The wind off the lake attacked Alena’s black hair, tangling the ends into a long rope down her back. One foot forward and she could sink into nothingness. Peace. No more troubles.

Exhaustion gripped her body. The lake tempted her. She inched closer to its promise of oblivion. Her toes hung in the air. 

[ To follow my progress as I finish my novel by my birthday, damn it, October 2nd, go to my website vanessavkilmer.com ]

To play this game, write a story in exactly 55 words.
 
~ Merry Meet and Blessed Be ~

6 comments:

  1. Definitely makes me want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa Kilmer....
    Wow that was a hook if I ever read one!
    Loved the pic
    Loved your ponderous 55
    I wanna read more...:-)
    Thanks for playing and have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say like Mr.Galen, I really this sneak peak into your novel. I wish you will get everything done by your next birthday as I want to read more. You rock this 55, Nessa!
    Mine is here
    Have you a ROCKING AND BLESSED WEEKEND!!!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "toes hung in the air." Been there, done that but with no ill intent, posed on the edge of the dock, toes in the air. Good luck with finishing your novel by your birthday. What better gift could you give yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. am sure gonna follow this trail ...
    gripping :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo i def would not mind reading more....on the precipice...what will stop her...what will she choose...smiles

    ReplyDelete