Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet but Not If You Have a Foot Fetish


Some people have lots of shoes. My mother loved shoes. She bought them even when she really couldn’t wear them because they hurt too much. I don’t understand the need to buy things that are meant to be practical but have been engineered beyond their usefulness.

Maybe I’m just too cheap but a closet full of shoes I never would wear holds no appeal for me. I can see them in a catalog (that’s a paper thing that stores used to put out to show off their merchandise - for those of you below the generational divide) and appreciate their beauty the way you might look at a painting but they take up a lot of space and collect dust.

Plus, if you actually wear them, who has the time and energy to decide each day which pair to wear. I get exhausted just thinking about it. Aren’t there enough opportunities to make mistakes without adding the burden of what to put on your feet? What for? How often do you look down?

I’d rather go barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment