Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Poetry Playing: poem-a-day # 6 and # 1

April is Poetry Month. Write a poem-a-day.
The prompt for today is: Spring rain, fall gold.
Here’s my poem:

spring rain falls softly upon my
window pane, tapping lightly
on the roof nightly while i
sleep and dream down deep
plowing the fertile soil
of my soul the lord to keep
the seeds of future wonder
growing wondrous deeds in
earth rich and ripe and ready
to burst brightly in colors like
lovers kisses from old in my
memory of fall gold drifting
down upon lifting currents
whirlpools of dancing fairies
lips dark as berries and sweet
as cream and spring rain
0 - green butterfly
The prompt for April 1, 2010: beginnings
Here’s my poem:
 
it’s hard to start
i
move
in fits and
stumbles
a toe stubbed
a shin splint
or split
like a busted lip
or spit
the garbage into
the trash can
crumpled
paper
pick out bits
pieces
a broken tooth pick
a bent beer bottle cap
detoured vision
birds chirping
my
thoughts
asunder
i
thunder
it’s hard to start
0 - green butterfly
April is poetry month.
Write a poem-a-day in April.
Tomorrow's prompt is up and you can catch up with the previous prompts.
0 - v
 

11 comments:

  1. love that first one...rain is so good to sleep to...ahh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poetry is wonderful, Nessa!

    I'm so behind after a busy week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy that second poem certainly describes my mental state these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great rhythm in the first and oh, the throes of beginnings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent Nessa both of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this "fall gold drifting
    down upon lifting currents"

    ReplyDelete
  8. poetry is a challenge for me!

    ...tapping lightly
    on the roof nightly...

    i like it when it rains at night

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos to you. I don't think I could write a poem every day.

    ReplyDelete