Saturday, March 14, 2009
Name That Famous Dead Person (NTFDP) #1 - Quotes
1. "Who is wise? He that learns from everyone. Who is powerful? He that governs his passions. Who is rich? He who is content. Who is that? Nobody."
2. "What is moral is what you feel good after, and what is immoral is what you feel bad after."
3. "Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information."
4. "When angry, count four; when very angry, swear."
5. "Why not whip the teacher when the pupil misbehaves?"
6. “Which way did he go, George? Which way did he go?”
7. "How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win."
(Answers tomorrow, unless you cheat and Google™ them.)